Learning Teaching Training Activities for Deaf Young
The Make It Work project organized a 5-day training program about Working Environment for Deaf Youth.
The program took place at Brussels, Belgium from 13th to 19th of February 2023 with inclusivity and accessibility in mind.
Deaf young people from different European countries interacted with each other, made their own network and learned about how to overcome barriers in job seeking.
The LTTA program was rich and some of its activities concluded:
- Ice breaking activities
- Presentation of the conditions regarding work and job seeking in each country
- Presentation of the EUDY organisation and the results of its survey regarding the employment of Deaf young people in Europe.
- Soft skills improvements activities
- Training in creating a CV
- Basic keys of writing a motivational letter
- Presentation of the Kompetens Kompassen company
- Tour to the headquarters of the EU commission
- Visit to the EUDY headquarters
- Lecture about legislation regarding Deaf employment from EUD expert
- Youth video creation workshop
- Local culture event where participants had the chance to try each country’s local dishes.